A blog about my career as a parent.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What Was I Thinking

Something compelled me to volunteer to be a room parent for S. D.'s pre-k class. I was room mom when S. F. was little, and I guess I'm suffering from parental guilt over S. D.'s middle child status - soooo, I volunteered to be a room parent. Had S. D. remained our last child this would have been fine, but since Little G. is now 10 months old and suffering from recurrent ear infections and a major case of the mommies, this was not a wise decision on my part.

While everyone else was sleeping last night, I was up re-ironing panels for her class auction gift, a quilt featuring photos of the pre-k-er's on one side and original art work on the other, because while Shannon was "looking" at them, she peeled the stabilizing freezer paper from the back of the fabric. This morning I went into her classroom to take photos of the children and help them with their art work. Of course the baby decided that he was in no mood to cooperate, so once the photos were taken, I had to skulk out hoping no teachers would string me up for interrupting their classes with infantile, blood-curdling screams get out of there quickly. Tomorrow I go back for the little ones to create their masterpieces. Hopefully, Little G. will cooperate tomorrow.

Next year, if I feel compelled to volunteer again, I think I'll make an appointment with a therapist instead.

No comments: