A blog about my career as a parent.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Masterpieces

Ten out of twenty-two masterpieces have been created by S. D.'s pre-k classmates. Little G. was great for an hour. Hopefully he'll cooperate as well tomorrow.

The kids were great, but I felt sorry for one little boy who came out in the hall to draw with me. He looked up and said, "I don't know how to draw anything except a stick man. I don't draw a lot." I told him that he could draw a stick man, but he had already seen the other children's drawings and wanted his to be like theirs, too. I suggested that we trace his hand and he color it in, and that's exactly what he did. He was thrilled. He loved coloring his fingers different colors. I wonder if his parents let him draw at home or if their worried that he'll draw on the walls.

No comments: