A blog about my career as a parent.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Turkeys

Mom: Okay you two, get your jackets on while I put the baby in the car seat. We're picking up pizza, because your dad's working late, and I haven't been able to cook since the baby's been sick all day. S. F., help S. D. get her coat on. S. D. cooperate with your big sister.

S. F.: You're a turkey. (Continuation of turkey argument from earlier in the afternoon)

S. D.: You're a turkey.

S. F.: No, you are.

S. D.: No, you're the turkey!

Mom: That's it! I don't want to hear anyone call anybody a turkey another time! No more! Get out to the car. S. F., help your little sister get into her car seat. S. D. cooperate with your big sister, because I asked her to help you.

Mom: Okay, is everybody buckled? Yes? Good, let's go.

S. D.: (ever so sweetly) Mommy, I sorry I argued with my big sister and called her a turkey.

Mom: (pleasantly surprised) Why thank you, sweetheart. It's very nice of you to apologize for acting that way.

S. D.: (whispering) S. F., you're still a turkey.

Mom & S. F.: (unsuccessfully trying not to crack up) S. D., that's not nice!

S. D.: (giggles)

I think we're in major trouble.

No comments: