A blog about my career as a parent.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Toothbrushes

I love my Oral B electric Braun toothbrush, but it has a major flaw. The back of the brush is rounded, not flat.

"So, the back's not flat, what's the big deal?" you ask.

Well, the big deal is that it's virtually impossible to get toothpaste on the brush one-handed. I realize that most people aren't trying to brush their teeth with one hand, but I am brushing my teeth one-handed on an almost daily basis.

I find myself holding the fussy, teething, acid-reflux complaining baby with one arm, while trying to place the brush between the Dixie cup dispenser and a lotion bottle with the other, in the hopes that it will stay steady as I try to gently plop a pea sized amount of toothpaste onto the brush, while praying that the dang thing doesn't roll over and put toothpaste all over the bathroom counter. Let's just say that some days I worry about the vocabulary I'm teaching my 7 1/2 month old baby.

Might I suggest to all of you companies who make products that mothers of young children use, that you actually have your testers use your products with a baby tucked under one arm in order to improve ease of use! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I totally agree. I can't even count how many times I have gotten toothpaste all over the counter because I had to set my Oral-B down to tend to the children