A blog about my career as a parent.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Patience

My dad was a minister. He once told me that every time he prayed for patience, something bad would happen. He eventually reached the conclusion that God would send him tribulation in order to teach him patience.

Now, whenever we have a trying time, my husband jokes that I was secretly praying for patience. Needless to say, this is one of those times.

Little G. has decided that 15 minute power naps are the way to go. He is Super Baby - impervious to the effects of the infant swing, which puts mere mortal babies into a deep soporific state. It seems that the only way to get him to take a longer nap is to go for a car ride. Of course, when I'm driving the baby in the car to get him to sleep, all of those little things like laundry, dirty dishes, dusting, and clutter-busting don't get done. Let's not even mention the cost of keeping gas in the tank. Lately the way I've been keeping the family in clean clothes is to put a load in at bedtime and then getting up around 5:00 a.m. to put it in the dryer. This way the clothes are dry and unwrinkled for school/work. Of course if the power happens to go out, I'll be sunk.

So here's the deal: God, if you're listening, I don't need any more patience at the moment. ;)

No comments: